When it comes to compression springs, the most demanding companies come to rely on Hardware Products.
Benefits and Choices from Hardware Products Stock Compression Springs
- Available off the shelf same day
- Constant pitch for constant rate
- Closed and ground ends to 3 degrees standard .016” wire diameter
- Closed end only on .012” wire diameter stock
- Only hot wound stock available off the shelf
- Available in both carbon steel and stainless
- Military standard on hand
- Plating available upon request
Compression Spring Overview
A compression spring is a spring designed to accept a load from whatever the source and to "compress" as the load is being applied and then to return to its free length when the load is removed. Hardware Products designs compression springs to precision accurate standards, and the "what if" testing approach is made easy by our modern computer software.
Compression Spring Specifications
Free Length: 1/8" to 16.00”
Diameter: 1/8" to 6.00"
Wire Diameter: .012" to 1.00"
Direction of Helix: Left Hand
End Configuration: Closed only on .012” diameter wire, closed and ground ends on all wire .016” and above.
Material: Music Wire carbon steel per ASTM A 228 available for all wire up to .059 diameter, Oil-tempered carbon steel per ASTM A 229 for .062” wire diameter and above. Stainless steel type 302 per ASTM A 313 for all springs up to .125” diameter wire.
Compression Spring Applications
Compression springs are most commonly used in machinery - anything from automobiles to lawn mowers. These include machines as simple as a manure spreader to vehicles as sophisticated as spacecraft. Our compression springs are also regularly used in medical devices, requiring tight tolerances and ultimate precision to deliver consistency, safety and reliability.
Typical Compression Spring Applications
- Belting & Hoses
- Communications Equipment
- Construction machinery
- Electric Lighting & Wiring
- Electronic Components
- Fabricated Metal Products
- Hand Tools
- Heating Equipment
- Industrial Machinery
- Measuring & Controlling Devices
- Medical Instruments & Supplies
- Metal Stampings & Forgings
- Metalworking Machinery
- Motor Vehicles
- Plumbing Equipment
- Search & Navigation Equipment
- Transportation Equipment
- Valve & Pipe Fittings
- Lamp Manufacturers Electric
- Compressor Manufacturers, Air & Gas
- Environmental Control Manufacturers
- Welding Apparatus
- Mills, Drawing & Insulating
- Industrial Machine Equipment Dealers
- Industrial Supply Wholesale
- Switchgear & Switchboard Apparatus
- Steel Spring Manufacturers